About Me

22, B Medical Science/B Arts in International (Japan) 2012: My year @Kansai Gaidai. This is just a place for me to personally record my everyday happenings =)

Sunday 16 December 2007

#3= India looms ahead

...yuck.

Every day or so i'm reminded that i will be going to india soon. A scent, a colour, a bumpy car ride xD, a sound...i dunno...but everytime i just think about how badly i do not want to go. And you know the memories come back and i get this horrible feeling in my stomach.

Perhaps it will not be as bad as i expect it to be.

I'm REALLY greatful that i've had a chance to travel and see other places. I'm also exceptionally greatful for being in India during the tsunami and seeing what it had done. I feel so much more appreciation for what i have even if i still whine and complain sometimes i just remember...

I would never take any of what i saw or experienced back but i dunno, i just do not feel comfortable going back.

Atleast i can drown my sorrows in the wonderful food there...Indian food here does not compare to the indian food there. Maybe it's the overly spicy air or the summery heat or their traditional methods...oh man i'm actually getting hungry thinking about the rhoti + butter chicken and mutton biriyani...omg >< and their chickens are always fresh there..and the difference is obvious...*drool*...oh snaps i needa eat a lot of gulam jamuns...

I promise i shall count how many times i get told 'you have gone/are so fat...you will never find a husband ' hehe...i'll make a tally and everything!! Someone remind me before i leave!

Thinking of my survival guide for india has sorta failed seeing as i do not want to take anything there that i may loose...Probably just a blank notebook so i can talk to myself to prevent going looney...but i guess by that point that ship would have already sailed Dx

Whatever...don't want to think about it...

i leave on the arvo of the 19th Jan. If someone would kindly shoot me before then i'd be forever greatful.

ps...i guess it's only 5 weeks...and it may not be as bad as i suppose...
I hate myself for not being comfortable in India. I really wish i was, but i'm just a bratty middle class western wannabe and i just can't help it ><

2 comments:

Megabelt said...

Indian food tastes more like Indian food in India because you're in India: ever think of that? :P

CherryTango said...

well if you make it the same way, with the same ingrediants...its still different..

shuttup meg...stop being rational!! i DON'T LIKE IT!
(random